We're so happy we came across this small, Portugal based natural soap brand. They have some amazing scents and they're all made by hand in small batches, cold processed with natural and ingredients such as organic oils, plant-based butters and essential oils.
The guys from Raw Care live up in Ericeira, another beach town in Portugal, and took inspiration from the ocean, sun & earth to create their brand Raw Care, supporting a natural lifestyle and limiting their personal footprint.
Their Coconut soap is a hair and body bar, suitable for any skin type. That's right, both body & hair! Here's why they've used coconut:
- Coconut is an excellent moisturizer for both skin and hair. Beautifully hydrating but also cleansing due to its anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Helps remove dead skin cells and dirt away from the body.
- It also helps firm up your skin helps you look younger as it is rich in antioxidants.
- It helps reinforce the skin's natural barrier while improving elasticity and restoring moisture.
- It's rich in antioxidants such as vitamin E, provitamin A and ferulic acid, all of which protect skin cells from damage and reduce fine lines and age spots.
- It's rich in lauric acid, which due to the incredible anti-microbial properties helps treating acne.
- The vitamin E found in coconut oil also smoothes eczema, sunburn and psoriasis, and has antiviral and antifungal benefits.
- It can be used as a natural shampoo bar, enriched with deep conditioning, moisturizing properties that nourishes by providing natural moisture from roots to ends. It also helps stimulate the scalp to encourage hair growth.
- Organic avocado oil helps restore luster and hydrate dry and damaged ends.
- The smell of coconut will make you feel like it's summer!
The whole range of soaps contain the following plant based oils with their own properties:
- Organic Olive oil: moisturizes, disinfects and protects against UV rays.
- Organic Coconut oil: beautifully hydrating but also cleansing due to its anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Helps to strengthen skin tissue and removes dead skin cells. Rich in antioxidants such as vitamin E, provitamin A and ferulic acid.
- Organic Castor oil: has unique cleansing properties, retains skin’s natural moisture and protects against external pollutants. Also known to combat wrinkles and stretch marks.
The whole range of soaps is:
- Cruelty Free
- Paraben Free
- Handmade in Portugal
- Palm Oil Free
- Silicone Free
- Phthalate Free
- SLS Free
- Plastic Free
Each bar weighs approximately 120 grams, but as they are cut by hand, the weight can be slightly different for each bar.
Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut), Parfum (plant- based fragrance oil,free of phthalates)